Please note this vacancy has expired and is no longer accepting applications. To view our current live vacancies that are similar to this one, please click on the button below to search related vacancies.Show related vacancies
About the apprenticeship
Provide routine administrative or operational support to colleagues, customers and stakeholders in accordance with systematic processes and procedures. You will be expected to work under the direction of more senior colleagues, and provide an efficient, timely and high-quality support service. Provide an effective reception and administrative support service as part of the Directorate Support Team to various teams and managers across Transport for the North (TfN).
Administration - Provide all aspects of routine administrative support (e.g. arranging meetings, maintaining a system, copying and scanning) to deliver a quality service and support the smooth running of the team/department.
Customer Services - Receive and respond to basic queries and requests from colleagues, customers and stakeholders, referring non-standard matters to the appropriate person at TfN, to support the delivery of a high-quality service.
Policy, Process and Systems - Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of work processes/instructions and give feedback on any problems to support the delivery of a consistent, high-quality service to colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
Stakeholder Management - Provide information to stakeholders in a friendly and courteous manner in order to build professional relationships and promote a helpful and efficient service.
Data Management, Analysis and Reporting - Undertake data entry activities, update systems and complete records in accordance to detailed guidelines to ensure accurate records are maintained on a day-to-day basis.
Stock Management - Follow straightforward ordering processes to ensure adequate low value materials, supplies and resources are available to meet the team's requirements.
Compliance - Follow prescriptive and well-defined processes and work instructions to ensure adherence to all relevant policies.
- Support the delivery of consistently high quality, customer centred reception services
- Be ‘the face’ of TfN. As the first person visitors see when they arrive into the TfN offices and uphold an image of professionalism through dress code, language and general demeanour
- Use the telephony system to transfer calls efficiently and take messages accurately when unable to connect the caller
- Ensure visitors are greeted appropriately and that access security procedures are followed including signing in and out ensuring visitors are met with a smile and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ensure the reception area is kept clean and tidy and a clutter-free professional environment is maintained at all times
- Take responsibility for reporting cleaning issues to the cleaning company for immediate action
- Check the cloakroom facilities are adequate for ensuring that unnecessary clutter is not building up and take appropriate action as necessary
- Lead on improving/developing the procedures in place for the TfN Reception Service and follow all procedures in relation to reception duties at all times
- Be responsible for actioning timely updates to the Intranet as directed
- Ensure that Intranet-held information is up to date by supporting with the audit process
- Obtain technical support via the approved method (Serviceline or other) where faults are identified and act as the owner up to resolution
- Undertake various administrative tasks as directed, e.g. organising meetings, booking rooms, ordering catering, stationery, filing etc
- Be the first point of contact for managing the meeting room booking system and meeting management, including the preparation of meeting rooms and refreshments
- Manage annual leave requests and maintain the leave database, producing reports for the HR Team upon request
- Undertake other administrative duties as required by immediate line manager or other line managers within TfN
Meeting rooms and kitchen facilities:
- Ensure all meeting rooms are maintained to a high standard in terms of cleanliness, stocked materials (pens, flip charts, safe environment, clean wipe boards) and that you can provide support in setting up the clickshare and audio/video conferencing facilities if called upon to do so
- Kitchen facilities are a joint responsibility to keep clean. Every TfN employee is expected to ensure that these shared facilities are clean and tidy at all times
- Support the evolving work space, taking a supportive role in co-ordinating DSE activity
- Actively contribute to reducing risks to health and safety in the workplace
Daily post delivery:
- Receive incoming post, open, scan on to the system and pass to appropriate colleague to distribute on the same day
Effective team working with other TfN officers:
- Work with the other TfN officers to provide a high level of support and administrative services
Completion of Apprenticeship related training:
- Attend college as part of the programme as outlined by HR & Skills
- Complete fully all tasks and assignments/course work as a mandatory part of the Apprenticeship
- Maintain a satisfactory level of performance and behaviour in college in line with TfNs expectations of all apprentices who represent our brand
- Compulsory Outputs (What must be achieved for the post-holder)
Ensure you comply with all applicable organisational legislation and policy:
- TfN Safety Management System
- Dignity at Work policy
- GDPR and Freedom of Information
- Risk management
- TfN policies and procedures
- Equality and diversity legislation
- TfN Vision, values and behaviours
Any other reasonable duties as required from time to time - the post holder is expected to:
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner and with due courtesy at all times
- Be flexible within the workplace and adapt to meet the requirements of an evolving organisation
Full time position considered for the right candidate following successful completion of the apprenticeship process and based on company finances at the time.