About the apprenticeship
We are a family run business based in a rural location which does not have links to public transport; therefore this role will only be suitable for candidates with their own means of transport.
The role will be rewarding for the candidate with the right temperament and genuine love of dogs, cats and animals in general.
The successful candidate will work towards nationally recognised qualifications and feel part of the close knit team.
Core activities during the apprenticeship will include most of the following:
- Preparing food and feeding the dogs, also cats
- Keeping animals clean and grooming them
- Exercising dogs
- Cleaning out kennels and changing bedding
- Looking after ill or distressed animals
- Ensuring animal enclosures are maintained
- Keeping administration and records up to date
- Taking bookings and dealing with enquiries
- Working at all time to good health & safety practice
Ongoing development within the business.