Please note this vacancy has expired and is no longer accepting applications. To view our current live vacancies that are similar to this one, please click on the button below to search related vacancies.Show related vacancies
About the apprenticeship
- We are looking for true dog and cat lovers to join our team!
- As an Apprentice Animal Carer you will receive a level 2/3 qualification in Animal Care, learning and earning as you go
- You will be responsible for ensuring our high standards of customer service and animal welfare are met at all times
- Your excellent communication skills will be fully utilised as you will be dealing with customers and their pets on a daily basis
- You will be involved in all areas of the business, including doggie day care, kennel boarding dog grooming and cattery work
- You will need to be confident around large numbers of dogs and cats in all shapes and sizes. You will be happy to supervise canine play and ensure no negative behaviours occur
- The maintaining of accommodation is essential and a large part of the role is cleaning
- Being outdoors is a large part of the role and you must be happy to work in all weather conditions
- Routine is key at Ivy Kennels and you must be able to be follow written and verbal instructions
- You will be involved in ensuring our admin procedures are followed and be comfortable using IT
- The customer database will be constantly updated and each client’s details will need to be kept secure as per Ivy Kennels data protection policy
- You will be a key support for the management team and have a proactive approach to any projects or developments in the company
Possible permanent role with the business and opportunity to train to level 3.