About the apprenticeship
Boyle Brickworks of Northwich has a vacancy for a Bricklaying Apprentice.
To learn all aspects of Bricklaying and associated building trades skills.
- Checking measuring the work area and setting out the first rows of bricks (courses) and the damp course
- Mixing mortar with a mechanical mixer
- Laying the bricks on top of each other and applying the mortar with a trowel
- Shaping and trimming bricks using hammers, chisels and power tools
- Checking that courses are straight using water or laser spirit levels and plumb lines.
- General building work as and when required
The ideal candidate would be very interested in learning all aspects of the building trade and be reliable.
Possible full time position for the right candidate following successful completion of the apprenticeship process.