About the apprenticeship
The AM Robotics has designed and developed a robotic system for processing the medical diagnostic kits manufactured by MC Diagnostics.
The main role of the CNC Machinist is to manufacture parts for these robotic systems to the required standard and production schedule.
The role may be combined with the Apprentice Mechanical/Electrical Fitter.
- Work to Company procedures, instructions, engineering drawings, wiring diagrams and specifications Inspection of raw materials
- Cutting of raw materials using bandsaw and upstroke saw
- Machining of parts on range of CNC and conventional machine tools
- CNC programming Inspection of parts
- Identification of parts
- Allocation of parts to store locations
- De-burring of parts in preparation for anodising and powder coating
- Cleaning and preparation for packing
- Keeping the workshop clean and tidy
- Controlling the storage and use of tooling
- Controlling the storage and use of inspection and measurement equipment and monitoring calibration status
- Monitoring stock levels and requesting additional items to be purchased to avoid shortages
Occasional duties/tasks General maintenance around the Company Fault finding and diagnostics of equipment
It is expected that following a successful apprenticeship, a fulltime position will be made available.