About the apprenticeship
This is a varied role where you will learn all aspects of the Kitchen whilst working towards qualifications within your apprenticeship.
As our Apprentice Commis Chef within our Chef Brigade you'll have a wide exposure to how our Kitchens work and support our Chef Brigade in the production of our freshly made food to serve across our 1000-seater Dining areas.
During the apprenticeship, you’ll learn to understand the aspects of Kitchen Department, including;
- Preparing and chopping fresh food ingredients.
- Measuring dish ingredients and portion sizes accurately.
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene.
- Dealing with deliveries and stock rotation.
- Basic cooking under supervision.
You'll report into our Demi chefs and Chef De Partie, so there will be lots of exposure to develop your chef skills and grow with Bents. We will support you with the necessary training and coaching for your development and future career path with us.
Other role details:
- The role offers full time hours of 40 average weekly hours, working a 6:4 shift pattern, this means you'll have one set day off each week, and work alternate weekend work and evening shifts (but only until 8/9pm!).
- Please note, during the induction and training period of 3 months, the successful candidate will need to work every weekend having 2 weekday shifts off.
- A flexible approach is required.
- The salary is paid in line with the National apprenticeship wage.
- The role is on a permanent basis.
In line with the Age Discrimination Act 2006, it is Company policy not to discriminate against any persons regarding their age whether in or applying for employment however due to the equipment used within our Kitchens, you must be 18 years or over to work within The Fresh Approach Restaurant Kitchens.
Why work for us?
- 28 days annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays increasing to 33 days with length of service.
- Free onsite parking.
- Colleague discount from the day you join along with Family & Friends discount days.
- Long service awards.
- Birthday leave.
- Company pension scheme.
- Colleague recognition schemes.
- Free colleague & family events.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Onsite Colleague Bistro and excellent colleague facilities.
- Discounted Gym Membership.
- Training and development opportunities.
Plus much more!
Full time position for the right person following successful completion of the apprenticeship process