About the apprenticeship
We are recruiting for a Commis Chef Apprentice to join our Chef Brigade at Bents!
Are you considering a career as a Chef? Then this exciting new opportunity to join our Chef Brigade as our Chef Apprentice is perfect for you!
What is the role?
As our Commis Chef Apprentice within our Chef Brigade, you'll join our fun and dynamic Chef Brigade to learn how to cook with freshly made produce to enable you to prepare a wide range of food items working in our main kitchen, Bakery and Patisserie whilst working towards the Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
Your daily role will include:
- Preparing and chopping fresh food ingredients
- Measuring dish ingredients and portion sizes accurately
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene ensuring food safety practices are adhered to
- Making sure that the kitchen is always clean and organised
- Dealing with deliveries and stock rotation
- The role will lead to basic cooking under supervision
- There will be lots of training and development opportunities
What’s the Commis Chef Apprenticeship?
- As part of the Commis Chef apprenticeship you will work towards an industry wide recognised Level 2 in Food Production and Cooking
- The training will be delivered in the form of work-based learning and will include a functional skills Apprenticeship programme which lasts for up to 18 months and will enable you to develop through a structured training programme gaining a nationally recognised Level 2 Commis Chef Standard, giving you an ideal grounding for a career in the hospitality industry
- All the Chef learning is completed on-site, so there is no need for our Apprentices to attend college where we have a wide range of learning opportunities from an onsite Bakery, Patisserie, Main Kitchen and Butchers
- Throughout your Apprenticeship you will be supported by our Chef Brigade and our Apprenticeship provider too, so you will be given all the help and advice you need to succeed
This is a permanent role and upon completion of the Commis Chef Apprenticeship Programme, you will be set up to develop further through the Bents Chef Brigade career path.
Our ideal Commis Chef will have the below skills and experience;
This role would be ideal for a hardworking, disciplined team player with a lot of stamina who possesses a friendly personality.
- Desire to develop and succeed as a Chef
- Passion for food and cooking
- Ability to follow clear instruction, be organised and able to multi-task
- Ability to work well within a large team
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Other details of the Commis Chef role:
- The role offers full time hours of 40 average weekly hours, including weekdays from 8.00am, weekends and evenings until 8/9pm. We have no split shifts
- Please note, during the training period of 3 months, the successful candidate will need to work every weekend having 2 weekday shifts off
The role is on a permanent basis.
Who are Bents?
We are a family-run business with a reputation for quality, experience and innovation, selling everything for your Garden and Home whilst having Dining Facilities catering for over 1000 seats.
We have always been a business which has followed its passions, taken chances and strived to innovate, which is how it all began in 1937. Passion, experience and an understanding of quality and exclusive living have earned our family-run business a reputation for quality, experience and innovation. You can really feel valued and part of the family from the day that you join.
Why work for us?
- 28 days annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays increasing to 33 days with length of service
- Free onsite parking
- Colleague discount from the day you join along with Family and Friends discount days
- Long service awards
- Birthday leave
- Company pension scheme
- Colleague recognition schemes
- Free colleague and family events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite Colleague Bistro and excellent colleague facilities
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Training and development opportunities
Plus much more!
Full time position for the right person following successful completion of the apprenticeship process.