Please note this vacancy has expired and is no longer accepting applications. To view our current live vacancies that are similar to this one, please click on the button below to search related vacancies.Show related vacancies
About the apprenticeship
The company are looking to recruit an apprentice to join their team. The successful applicant will undertake a recognised industry specific, mechanical/electrical apprenticeship. They will attend a structured training programme of academic and practical study in order to gain the required skills and qualifications to become a mechanical/electrical engineer.
Daily duties may include but are not limited to:
- Observing, learning and understanding a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff
- To be able to demonstrate the skills and understanding of processes as the training period progresses. Work independently or with a team, to undertake tasks as instructed and increasing overall contribution to the department
- To undertake and successfully complete the required college courses throughout the training period, achieving the academic grades and practical skills in order to entitle yearly progression leading to the award of a NVQ level 3 mechanical engineering
- Learning and understanding the importance of Health and Safety within the workspace
- To learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good working order
- To maintain a skills book over the duration of the apprenticeship period, recording projects that have been undertaken and the skills learned
- To maintain and to ensure general good housekeeping of the workplace
- To maintain a smart appearance and to act in a professional manner at all times while representing the company
- To perform any other duties appropriate to the grade and role of the post holder
Full time position considered for the right candidate following successful completion of the apprenticeship process.