Please note this vacancy has expired and is no longer accepting applications. To view our current live vacancies that are similar to this one, please click on the button below to search related vacancies.Show related vacancies
About the apprenticeship
Weaver Vale Surgery require a friendly and polite individual to join their team as an Apprentice Medical Receptionist to help ensure the smooth and efficient running of the surgery and assisting the GPs in providing a quality service to the patients.
If successful your responsibilities will be:
- Arrive punctually
- Restore telephone if appropriate
- Make appointments, over the telephone and in person
- Deal with queries from patients
- Take and pass on messages
- Filing of notes, letters and test results
- Input data onto computer system
- Transfer telephones to NEW service at night
- Ensure working area is tidy and safe at all times
- Scanning of hospital letters using Docman onto computer system
- Sort, tag & summarise patient records
- Deal with requests for medical reports as required
- Record & track all Non NHS Income
- Entering up & tracking of cervical smear reports
- Transferring data onto HOOF (oxygen) template
- Generating Repeat Prescriptions
- Dealing with Prescription Queries
- Carry out Searches/Audits as required
- Deal with PPA Claims monthly
- Deal with Patients on Repeat Dispensing system
- Health & Safety. To ensure a safe working environment at all times for yourself & your colleagues and to report any unsafe areas/procedures immediately to the Office Manager.
- Confidentiality: Patient confidentiality and practice business matters are to remain strictly confidential at all times. If confidentiality, either patient or practice, is breached – the result is instant dismissal.
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and that the duties of the post remain under constant review. Any changes will be fully discussed with the post holder prior to their implementation but in the case of any disagreement, the Doctors should have the ultimate responsibility of implementing any reasonable change.
No previous experience is required as full training and support will be provided by the employer and Total People.
- Possible full time position within the practice
- Progression onto further Apprenticeship programs