Please note this vacancy has expired and is no longer accepting applications. To view our current live vacancies that are similar to this one, please click on the button below to search related vacancies.Show related vacancies
About the apprenticeship
Everyday Pastest transforms the lives of medical students and doctors with our innovative online learning and test preparation products. We are a well-established market leader in the UK and one of the fastest growing medical test prep brands in the United States.
There is an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Apprentice Developer. In this role you will provide technical support and basic web developments whilst developing your skills as a high-class web and app developer.
You may not have all of the required experience at the outset, there will be opportunities to develop your skills as you go, but what is most important is that you are highly engaged, curious and have a passion for development.
At Pastest we pride ourselves on fostering a hard-working, creative and fun work environment. We take investment in our people very seriously and there are continuous opportunities for professional development as well as rapid advancement for the right person.
The position of Apprentice Developer comes with a competitive salary, excellent benefits package (pension (dependent on age), healthcare and bonus) and the opportunity to participate in company social and sporting activities.
If you’re eager to make an impact on the lives of customers and help us to devise, create and deliver the next generation of medical education products then we’d like to hear from you.
Provide second line support for customer issues and enhancements and contribute to the development of our website and mobile applications in line with our brand guidelines to deliver best in class user experience.
- Maintain cost control - obtaining best prices from suppliers and improving on budget recommendations
- Provide backup to first line support for customer-facing infrastructure
- Support the website to ensure customers receive the quality of service they demand
- Provide backup second line technical support for software, hardware and printers as requested by user departments
Internal Business Process
- Develop prototypes and mock-ups, mobile first, focusing on a clean modern design
- Build and develop front end code for agreed projects to a high standard in line with our brand identity
- Support backend code development on projects as needed
- Support network administration and manage user expectations with timely fault resolution
- To provide adequate cover to the department during holiday and sickness
Learning and Growth
- IT department - plan, prioritise and schedule your workload to meet agreed deadlines
- Keep abreast of current technology - ensure that Pastest maintain an active approach to the development of IT/Internet solutions
- Full time position for the right person following successful completion of the apprenticeship process