About the apprenticeship
An exciting opportunity is now avaiable to start your career and join Manchester College.
Under the direction of the Director of SEND Learning and Support, you will act as the first point of contact for the department. You will need to provide excellent customer service, responding effectively to queries, and positively promoting the services provided to both internal and external partners. You will provide pro-active and responsive administration services to the Supported Learning department, in line with college processes and procedures. Recording and tracking accurate reports and bringing timely technical concerns to the attention of the Director for early intervention.
- Be responsible for producing accurate records and documents, including emails and letters, files and payments and reports and proposals
- Skilled use of IT packages - Microsoft Office, preferably knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Show a positive attitude and have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Show initiative, manage priorities and help with issues or problems
- Be aware of GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation
- Build and maintain positive relationships
- Take responsibility for initiating and completing tasks in a timely manner
- Organise meetings and carry out daily tasks where appropriate
- Participate in CPD and training to enhance knowledge and skill set in relation to the role
- Ad hoc tasks as required
- Produce, update and maintain accurate and timely central recording systems for ALS information based on intelligence gained through liaisons with internal and external partners
- Effectively administer the finance procedures related to ALS contracts supporting Managers by collation, tracking and submission of support records, claim forms and contracts with Local Authorities and MI in line with college policy and procedure
- Raise, track and report on the progress of income and expenditure for the department in partnership with the department allocated finance partner
- Support the Managers to ensure efficient deployment of department resources, leading on re-use/recycle projects to minimise consumable spend
A full-time position will be considered for the right candidate following successful completion of the apprenticeship and based on company finances at the time.