Please note this vacancy has expired and is no longer accepting applications. To view our current live vacancies that are similar to this one, please click on the button below to search related vacancies.Show related vacancies
About the apprenticeship
We are looking for a Bus Engineering Apprentice to join us in Bath for our Apprentice intake in September 2019!
Get paid whilst gaining the experience and qualifications to become a fully qualified Engineer with First UK Bus in Bath. This is a Mech/Elec apprenticeship (Mechanical and Electrical Combined)
As a Bus Engineering Apprentice, you will earn £6.25 in year 1. You will be working 38 hours per week (working hours – Monday to Friday - 07:30 to 15:45)
This role can be physically demanding and you can expect all kinds of challenges challenges from:
- General maintenance and making modifications
- Fault diagnosis and keeping our interiors and exteriors spick and span
- Learning with our partner provider who will support you throughout your learning journey with us
- You will learn to understand the fundamentals of existing and emerging mechanical and electrical design and systems
- You will carry out routine safety inspections and routine mechanical and electrical servicing, planned preventative maintenance and “health checks”
- Training will also include inspecting, diagnosing and repairing mechanical systems, engine, fuel, coolant and transmission systems
We want people who enjoy seeing how things work and who aren't afraid of manual labour, you must share our passion for achieving excellence in the smallest of detail. Take great pride in ensuring our vehicles always run efficiently, look their best and are well maintained and presented.
Assessments are likely to take place on the 24rd of July in Bristol
Potentially full-time position at the end of your apprenticeship!