About the apprenticeship
The Manchester Tennis & Racquets Club is searching for a Hospitality and Venue Supervisor Apprentice. The successful candidate must be responsible, enthusiastic, interest in sports, good with people and organised. The apprenticeship delivered will be a Hospitality Supervisor Apprenticeship. The objective throughout the apprenticeship being for the successful candidate to learn the workings and tasks involved in running the venue with a view to taking over supervisory duties by the end of the programme.
The role will be interesting and varied including many tasks, initially learning the routine duties such as; delivering food and drink services to members but also carrying out various other tasks based around general support in making the venue clean and tidy for members, plus making sure equipment required is available in a good working order and general upkeep.
Core tasks and responsibilities can be listed but not limited to:
- Serving and preparing customer drinks and food, taking payments, till operating
- Keeping the hospitality serving and member areas clean, tidy, well stocked
- Creating a welcoming, friendly atmosphere, communicating with members helping them with their needs
- Following relevant hygiene, health & safety guidelines
- Ensure all hospitality equipment is checked, fit for purpose and in place
- Assist with other venue tasks as reasonably requested
- Learning how to manage the venue as you move through your apprenticeship which could include
- Dealing with membership enquiries/renewals, ordering goods, understanding actions to task re venue maintenance
Full time position considered for the right individuals following successful completion of the apprenticeship process and based on company finances.