Please note this vacancy has expired and is no longer accepting applications. To view our current live vacancies that are similar to this one, please click on the button below to search related vacancies.Show related vacancies
About the apprenticeship
Overwater Marina near Nantwich, is searching for a Maintenance and Engineering Apprentice to work as part of their busy boat yard engineering team.
For the right applicant we’re able to offer a great work environment with training in all aspects of narrowboat engineering and painting.
Core training activities will be based around engineering with the successful candidate gaining a full engineering apprenticeship. However, the job role will be extremely varied and include:
- General engineering (welding and other boat repairs)
- Mechanical work (engine servicing, diagnostics and repairs)
- Electrical/plumbing/gas training if the candidate is particularly interested
- Pressure washing and painting of boat hulls
- Working as part of a small and friendly team
If you are passionate about learning more about narrowboat engineering and painting and want to work as part of a team on our award winning inland waterways marina then let us know.
It is expected that following a successful apprenticeship, a full time position will be made available for the right candidate based on company finances at the time.