About the apprenticeship
Overview of job role:
- A proactive practitioner who supports and delivers confidently the EYFS
- To provide a safe, stimulating and inclusive environment in which babies and young children are supported and encouraged to achieve their full potential
- To offer full and practical support in the day to day running of the nursery
- To be flexible to the needs of the business
- Must have a minimum Early Years qualification of a level 2 diploma in childcare, equivalent or higher to apply for this position
It is important to us that you feel as comfortable and confident working within our environment as we are with you working within the nursery with children. We will show you around our facilities and give you the opportunity to work within each of our classrooms and ask the team questions.
Safety is paramount with working with children so ensure you come prepared and wear appropriate clothing. To ensure you are suitable for this position we ask that you provide a written plan of an activity, prepare with all your resources and can confidentially lead a practical lesson with our pre-school (ages 3-4 years old). You will be responsible for a group of eight children and the season needs to last for a minimum of 30-40 minutes. We ask that you incorporate into your planning the primary and specific areas of the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage), that you think about how to simplify and extend activities and what a follow up activity could be. This is an important part of the process and will be discussed with you during feedback at the end of the day.