About the apprenticeship
The post holder will be required to effectively influence all relevant departments to ensure new products are introduced to the business as smoothly as possible. When required, support will be available from Project Managers for project management related advise, and from the NPI & Demand Manager for escalation and support with any issues should the need arise either internally or with a Customer. The ability to build strong customer relationships and influence change within an ever-changing environment will be key.
This is a varied, direct and office-based role in a fast pace environment, which requires flexibility, enthusiasm, accuracy and attention to detail always.
Following training, the key duties of the post are as follows;
Management of Critical Paths
- Create initial critical path
- Update and maintain critical paths daily / weekly
- Create and maintain a project tracker across all projects
- Provide regular CPA or highlight report updates to the Customer
- Manage all CPA related customer contact i.e. requesting artwork release etc.
- Attend Customer Project meetings where required
- Alert Account Manager of any LOI agreements that may be required
- Submit agreements to the Customer / Account Manager / NPI & Demand Manager to gain sign off where required
- Schedule and chair internal NPI project meetings
- Responsible for documenting all internal NPI project meetings within a tracker
- Ensure all actions are recorded within the tracker during the weekly project meetings and ensuring action timelines are adhered to
Bills of Materials
- Raise all Bill of Material paperwork to request set up of internal SKU’s
- Check accuracy of all Bill of Material paperwork once codes have been raised
- Request creation and ensure Customer sign off of internal packing specifications
Component and Pre-Production samples / standards
- Manage component sample approvals – chasing approvals with the Customer
- Manage and coordinate pre-production sample process – to include creation of samples, sending to customer, record keeping and chasing approvals
- Manage communication between departments on the status of all standards
- Carry out other associated projects and duties as determined by the NPI Manager / Commercial Director
- Carry out any other reasonable duties
NOTE: This Job Description is a guide only and is not exhaustive.
Additional duties may be required as and when the needs of the business or position dictate.
Training will be provided. It is not anticipated that applicants will have an in-depth knowledge of Health and Safety legislation or Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), rather that they can identify potential risks in a working environment and conduct themselves in a safe working manner.
Possibility of a full time position and career for the right candidate following successful completion of the apprenticeship process