Please note this vacancy has expired and is no longer accepting applications. To view our current live vacancies that are similar to this one, please click on the button below to search related vacancies.Show related vacancies
About the apprenticeship
About our PURCHASING Apprenticeship vacancy
As an apprentice buyer you’ll be working in the Purchasing & Supply department and report to the Senior Buyer and other Senior Managers in the company.
You’ll spend a lot of your time working to understand the processes that we use so you can gain a thorough understanding of our purchasing and supply chain needs and become fully aware of the importance of buying to the success of the business.
In order to learn your skills, you will be given one or more supplier accounts to manage initially under the guidance of the Senior Buyer; this will permit you to gain valuable experience.
You’ll also be involved with research into alternative product sourcing and competitor pricing to support the tendering process, which will also broaden your knowledge of the buying role.
WHAT will I be doing?
Your job as a buyer will include the following responsibilities:
- Placing and chasing orders
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure order acknowledgements are received / correct
- Ensuring all products are purchased on time, to specification, and at the best price available
- Managing a range of suppliers in conjunction with the Senior Buyer
- Liaising with Distribution Centre and Customer Service teams on Purchasing issue and to gain a wider understanding of the business
- Coordinating deliveries and maintaining suitable stock levels of your products
- Researching alternative suppliers and competitor prices
- Analysing supplier information and contacting suppliers for missing information and to obtain better prices
- Updating the company’s ERP system Microsoft Dynamics AX
- General administration to support the Purchasing & Supply team
- Being part of team that attends various supplier meetings
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
You’ll be office based. Over your apprenticeship you will be given the opportunity to spend time in other departments talking to and shadowing other people, this will help you to gain understanding of how each department works and how your decisions can impact others.
You will work standard office hours of 8:30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday with time off for studying towards your Business Administrator Standard Level 3
WHAT ABOUT THE PAY?
- An apprentice buyer will start off on a salary of £12k (DOE) – Please note this salary level is to be confirmed once we understand any training costs.
Other benefits include:
- Flexible working scheme
- Company socials & events
Full time position for the right candidate following successful completion of the apprenticeship process.