About the apprenticeship
The Apprentice Warehouse Assistant will be working towards an apprenticeship qualification in warehouse control.
The Apprentice will be involved in all aspects of warehouse activity and training will be given as required in the receiving, unloading and checking in of goods to stock. Duties also include picking, packing and dispatching goods to customers.
The Apprentice will also assist with the cleaning and testing of rental pumps during busy periods and holiday cover. General warehouse housekeeping will also need to be undertaken.
Duties to include:
- Work with customer service, warehouse and sales teams to meet customer requirements in the most effective and timely manner. Communicate status and issues to appropriate personnel to ensure that customer needs are addressed in the appropriate order. Ensure accurate and timely entry of required data into the business systems (i.e. Sage, RM, Outlook, Supplier Logistics database)
- Ensure inventory accuracy/stock in the assigned area of responsibility
- Ensure operating and working practices are compliant with ISO procedures and industry standards. Ensure and participate in housekeeping activities to maintain a neat, orderly, and safe work area
- Capable of working within goods in, goods out, picking and packing, loading, and receipt of deliveries. Working as a team player and on own initiative
- Label, count, box, and package pumps and accessories
- Coordinate equipment delivery back to the customer with logistics/sales staff
- Follow all necessary safety rules and regulations, including the use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Printing and verifying barcode and product identification labels if applicable. General computer support activities as needed. (Word, Excel, Sage 200, RM, UPS, others)
- Assist in the cleaning and testing of medical pumps using standardized procedures if required
- Follow and maintain sufficient processes and quality controls that are in place to identify and report any issues that may be highlighted in the cleaning and testing process
- Inspect, clean and test medical breast pumps and related products using standardized procedures
- Follow the appropriate company, department, and product work instructions as well as procedures and policies, including ISO functions
- Responsibility to follow all equipment operating and safety procedures
- Any other duties as required
- Full time position for the right candidate following successful completion of the apprenticeship process