Principles of Hospitality and Catering
8 – 12 weeks (approximately 200 guided learning hours)
Our Principles of Hospitality and Catering short course will help you develop your knowledge in professional cookery - if you want to enhance your career this is the course for you.
The course will provide comprehensive knowledge in the main areas of the kitchen and it will help support you, whether you’re already working in the industry or new to it.
You will gain:
- City and Guilds Level 2 Principles of Hospitality and Catering (Professional Cookery) certificate
- Level 2 Award in food safety in catering
- Level 2 Award in the Principles of Nutrition in Food Production
- Safe hygienic and secure working environment
- Food safety
- Effective teamwork
- Cooking and finishing meat
- Cooking and finishing fish
- Cooking and finishing vegetables
- Cooking and finishing poultry
- Cooking soups
- Cooking sauces
- Egg dishes
- Kitchen documents
- Set up and close kitchen
This is an online course studied via distance learning. To complete this course, you will need access to a computer and a basic level of IT knowledge.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. A dedicated Learning Coach provides you with support throughout the course.
Who is suitable?
This qualification is ideal if you are aged 19 years old or above and are currently looking to progress into a hospitality role. It is also suitable if you want to learn more about hospitality and gain a recognised qualification.
The course would also benefit anyone who is new to hospitality, or who is wishing to change career to a hospitality role.
Register your interest in this course using the form below and one our team will contact you.