All businesses need good leaders in order to be successful and an effective team leader will make sure their team is happy and motivated within the workplace. On this course, learners will develop practical skills to become successful team leaders and to improve morale and productivity within the workplace.
This course will provide comprehensive knowledge in all aspects of leading a team including understanding procedures around health and safety, communicating effectively, building relationships and managing performance.
Upon completion of the course, learners will receive a recognised Level 2 qualification in team leading.
This course consists of eight manageable units:
- Unit 1: Principles of team leading
- Unit 2: Understand business
- Unit 3: Understand how to communicate work-related information
- Unit 4: Understand how to manage performance and conflict in the workplace
- Unit 5: Principles of equality and diversity in the workplace
- Unit 6: Understand how to develop working relationships with colleagues
- Unit 7: Understand health and safety procedures in the workplace
- Unit 8: Understand how to develop and deliver a presentation
This is an online course studied via distance learning. To complete this course, learners will need access to a computer and a basic level of IT knowledge.
Studying via distance learning means learners can choose when and where they study. A dedicated Learner Support Advisor provides support to learners throughout the course.
Who is suitable?
This qualification is ideal for anyone aged 19 years old or above who is currently looking to progress into a management or a team leading role. It is also suitable for anyone who wants to learn more about leading teams and gain a recognised qualification. The course would also benefit anyone who is new to line management and managing teams, or who is wishing to change career to a team leader or manager.
Full or partial funding for this course is dependent upon age, employment status and level of income. Learners must meet one or more eligibility criteria that includes:
- Anyone aged 19 years or over
- Living in Greater Manchester or in a Non-Devolved Authority region of England
- Not already holding a Level 2 qualification
- In employment but earning less than £17,500 annually
- Currently unemployed
- Recently been made redundant