To meet the demands of an ever-changing workplace, individuals need to ensure they continue to update and develop their knowledge and skills. Planning for personal and professional development ensures greater opportunities for success.
The purpose of this course is to support and identify the benefits of engaging in personal and professional development. By applying the knowledge gained on this course, learners will be able to create a meaningful plan to support future development within the workplace.
This course covers the following themes:
- Understanding the benefits of personal and professional development
- Understanding how personal and professional development is informed
- Knowing how to identify opportunities for personal and professional development
- Knowing how to create and monitor a personal and professional development plan
This is an online course studied via distance learning. To complete this course, learners will need access to a computer and a basic level of IT knowledge.
Studying via distance learning means learners can choose when and where they study. A dedicated Learner Support Advisor provides support to learners throughout the course.
Who is suitable?
This course is ideal for anyone aged 19+ looking to learn more about personal and professional development techniques. It would also be beneficial for those who manage teams, and for individuals looking to develop a career in learning and development.
Full or partial funding for this course is dependent upon age, employment status and level of income. Learners must meet one or more eligibility criteria that includes:
- Working in a small to medium sized business (less than 250 employees)
- Living in either Greater Manchester or Lancashire
- On a part-time or temporary contract
- In receipt of in-work Universal Credit
- At risk of redundancy or have recently been made redundant
- Aged 19+