19+ Advanced Learner Loans
24+ Advanced Learner loans have been available since 2013 for any learner over the age of 24, wishing to study a qualification at level 3 or 4.
From August 2016, this all changes!
From the academic year 2016/17, the Department for Business Innovation and Skills are expanding Advanced Learner Loans to include those aged 19 – 23 years old and those studying at level 5 and level 6.
Is the 19+ Learner Loan for you?
- Be aged 19 or over at the start of your course
- Start your course on or after 1 August 2016
- Have lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for three years immediately before the start of your course
- Study an eligible course at Level 3 and above at an approved training provider in England
Repaying the loan
- If you are aged 19-23 and this is your first full Level 3 course, you will not have to pay for the cost of your course.
- If you complete an eligible Access to higher education course followed by a higher education course, you will no longer need to repay the original 19+ Advanced Learner loan you took for the Access to HE course.