Apprenticeships for SMEs

We proudly support SMEs in over 30 industry sectors to grow their business with apprenticeships. With our sector specialist expertise, we can help you embed the right apprenticeships into your business.


With our expert HR capability and sector specialist expertise, we can help you embed the right apprenticeships into your business


Whether you need extra staff to help with admin or customer service, to more technical trades such as automotive and construction, we can help


Not just apprenticeships - our range of short, fully funded courses mean you can upskill your staff quickly to meet periods of high growth and demand

Apprenticeship funding for SMEs

If your business has a pay bill of under £3million you will be required to contribute 5% of the total apprenticeship cost and the Government pays the remaining 95%. In certain circumstances, additional costs may apply based on vocational sector and type of qualification.

If you are a business with fewer than 50 employees and you’re employing an apprentice aged 16-18, the Government will fund 100% of the cost of apprenticeship training.

Total People will guide you through all of the funding and co-investment processes.

Learn more

Get in touch

Please complete this form and we'll get back to you.

Reserve your funding

The Government is changing the way non-levy employers access apprenticeship funding. All employers must now register for an Apprenticeship Service account to manage all aspects of their apprenticeship funding.

Find out more

This is our 10th year of offering apprenticeships and we have used Total People for each of those 10 years. The majority of our workforce have been through the apprenticeship scheme and three of the original apprentices are now in management roles within the company.


Total People have added real value to our business through our apprentice scheme. It’s very difficult to find the time to train staff within a busy, growing business. By retraining and recruiting through apprenticeships, it allows our existing team to focus on the daily challenges faced by the business whilst the apprentice receives structured onsite training and support.


We have had employees study through Total People since 2006 and have been really pleased with the level of support provided and the comprehensive learning programme.


Total People is one of the largest providers of apprenticeships in the area and have a solid reputation. As a five star property our reputation is built on service. Investing in our people and their development is key to maintaining that standard. Total People take control of the initial recruitment stages which saves time and resources.

The Chester Grosvenor Hotel

We have been supporting SMEs since we began in 2001. Here are just some of the SMEs we work with…

Short courses for SMEs

If you’re not ready to commit to apprenticeships just yet, we also provide a range of short courses, many of them fully funded for SMEs and available online. This means your staff can access these remotely and develop their skills for free. These include courses in subjects like health and social care, IT skills, management and team-leading.

Find out more

Case Studies

We work with businesses of all shapes and sizes, helping them to make the most of apprenticeships and work-based learning.

View all

Get in touch

Whether you’d like to know more about a specific apprenticeship or ask a question, we’re here to help.


Contact us


Here are some resources to help guide you as an employer.

View all