Please note this vacancy has expired and is no longer accepting applications. To view our current live vacancies that are similar to this one, please click on the button below to search related vacancies.Show related vacancies
About the apprenticeship
This employer, based in Stockport, has a successful history of training apprentices and are very supportive employer offering a first class apprenticeship programme.
Apprentices will gain invaluable experience within the garage and also have the opportunity to provide off site breakdown support and to ride in the escort vehicles when supporting large loads.
Duties will be varied and involve:
- Assisting in all work to maintain and repair vehicles and equipment to company and statutory requirements
- Maintaining VOSA roadworthiness standard as a minimum
- Working efficiently as an integral team member
- Ensure all jobs and work undertaken is correctly and accurately recorded on the job sheets
- Making sure the workshop is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Health and Safety
- Carrying out repairs and replacing damaged parts
- Complete vehicle servicing
- Making sure selected vehicles are MOT compliant
- Usage of hand tools
- Fitting new parts
It is vitally important that the successful candidate must want to be a mechanic as a career with a good attitude and be prepared to get to their place of work in Stockport at the times designated by their apprenticeship contract. Experience is desired but not essential.
Apprentices will start at the national apprenticeship rate for the first year, national minimum wage for the second year and increased rate thereafter.
Formal training will be delivered by The Manchester College on a weekly block-release basis at their Wythenshawe centre.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate with the right attitude to succeed.
Full-time position for the right person following successful completion of the apprenticeship process and based on company finances at the time.