About the apprenticeship
Tyrers Coaches is committed to operating vehicles of the highest possible standards as a DVSA Earned Recognition operator and our incredible in-house Engineering Team is integral to this commitment.
We're always on the lookout for promising talent to join the dedicated team of individuals who curate our fleet of more than 100 vehicles include Scania, Volvo, VanHool, VDL, ADL, Optare, DAF buses and coaches of varying sizes and specifications.
This excellent opportunity is aimed at learners who are interested in forging a career within the bus and coach sector, in particular within a thriving and well-established family-owned operation with 50 years industry experience.
We have positions available at our Bolton (BL4) and Chorley (PR6) depots.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting 6-week inspections of vehicles to specified standards
- Diagnosing faults using latest diagnostic equipment
- Completing effective mechanical repairs
- Completing all relevant documentation to a high standard Preparation of vehicles for MOT
- Completing accurate records and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Removing and replacing faulty/damaged parts
- Repair of body and panel components
- Fitting and servicing parts
- Safe operation of specialist tools and testing/lifting equipment
- Assisting with repair/recovery of defective vehicles off-site
- Other related activities as operationally required
Upon satisfactory completion of the Apprenticeship Programme, a full-time permanent contract awaits; along with the potential of a long and rewarding career with one of the North-West's leading award-winning independent operators.
Future opportunities might include role specialism or progression to supervisory or managerial roles within the department... our own Engineering Director began his journey with us as an apprentice