About the apprenticeship
- To assist the Chef with the Kids Planet Food Management System and running of the nursery kitchen.
- To engage in all elements of your apprenticeship programme.
- Food hygiene and cleanliness
- Food preparation and cooking
- Control and management of food allergens and dietary requirements
- Due diligence - evidencing controls by documenting everything you do
- Working by Kids Planet company values and our Code of Ethics
- Attend all internal training and work with the Chef in gaining the competencies outlined in the Food Management System Training Pack.
- Work with the Chef and Nursery manager in preparation of weekly menu's, catering for all children, taking account of any special dietary needs.
- Assist with the management if food allergens in the kitchen, helping to ensure controls are implemented.
- Assist with food preparation, cooking and serving at correct temperatures.
- Assist with maintaining adequate stores and food stuffs in appropriate storage conditions.
- Assist with food ordering and stocktaking.
- Assist with kitchen cleaning according to the kitchen cleaning schedule, including schedules for cleaning equipment and appliances.
- Assist with clearing away food and washing pots, including use of the dishwasher.
- Be vigilant as to your own health and safety as well as the health and safety of others in the workplace.
- Ensure your own personal hygiene is impeccable.
- Adhere to the company procedures including attendance at meetings, preparation of reports and any other duties as required from time to time.
- Ensure the company's Equal opportunities Policy is adhered to at all times
Full time position if available upon completion of the apprenticeship.