Free Health and Social Care Courses for Unemployed Adults
Start date: 4th December 2023
(10.5 weeks duration)
Get an Accredited Level 1 Certificate in Health and Social Care and ESOL Skills for Life
422 Community Hub, Stockport Road, Manchester, M12 4EX
You can study this free course to help you get a career in Health & Social Care.
This Level 1 qualification is a ‘taster’ for those wishing to explore vocational study alongside improving overall written and spoken skills. Learning will be classroom based with a specialist tutor, ensuring an enjoyable and informative learning experience.
You will learn about:
- Communication in Health and Social Care (adults, children and young people), Early Years and Childcare
- Equality and inclusion in health, social care, children’s and young people’s settings
- Principles and values in Health and Social Care (adults, children and young people), Early Years and Childcare
- Health and Safety in Health, Social Care in children's and young people's settings
- Introduction to a healthy lifestyle
- Planning a healthy diet
- Safeguarding and protection in Health and Social Care for adults, children and young people, Early Years and Childcare
- Communication skills
Students must be unemployed, 19+ and live in Greater Manchester. You should be working at Entry 3 in maths and English.
You could progress into paid local employment or get access to higher level qualifications with further specialisms. We also supply job vacancies to all learners in the care sector.
Get in touch
Register your interest in this course using the form below and one our team will contact you.