About Human Resource Management
The Level 5 Diploma in Applied Human Resources is available for those already employed in the industry and want to develop their career or for those who are looking to undertake an apprenticeship.
Total People is an approved provider of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) qualifications. The CIPD is the professional body for HR and people development.
The HR qualification will support the development of higher-level skills among existing HR staff, thus enabling HR functions to concentrate more on transformational HR activities that add greater value and support to the needs of their organisation.
Benefits for employers
- A proactive and knowledgeable HR function
- A selection of optional units to tailor the qualification to suit your organisations’ learning and development needs
- Promote a culture of organisational learning and development
- Supporting the organisation in enhancing the productivity of the workforce
Benefits for individuals
- Gain a national, professionally recognised qualification
- Gain Associate membership with the CIPD
- Learn immediate and relevant skills to develop your career
- Develop skills in business processes to improve the organisations’ effectiveness
- Professional networking
- CIPD member benefits and support
- Enhance professional credibility
What’s covered in the Level 5 HR qualification?
Throughout the course, learners will be taught a range of subjects enabling them to demonstrate competence in the industry.
Some of the subjects covered include:
- Employment Law
- Employee Engagement
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Resourcing and Talent Planning
- Employee Relations
- Performance Management
- Reward Management
- Professional Practice within HR
An assessor will be assigned to assess competence and knowledge using a range of methods. A portfolio of evidence will be gathered throughout the programme.
There will be continuous one-to-one support throughout the programme via monthly workplace visits, plus Training Advisers are always contactable through phone or email.
Learners are also required to attend monthly workshops at a Total People training centre for off the job training.
After completing the Higher Apprenticeship in Human Resource Management at Level 5, as well as the opportunity for career progression, you could progress onto:
- Undergraduate and post-graduate degrees in HR Management or Business related areas
- CIPD Level 7 Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Chartered membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)