The team at North West based apprenticeships and training provider Total People are celebrating their latest Ofsted inspection, which applauded the company’s apprenticeship programmes success rates as “high and above those of similar providers nationally”.
The report praised Total People’s strong partnerships with employers, which help apprentices develop a good range of personal, social and employability skills, stating “as a result they make highly effective contributions to the workplace, which are valued by their employers”. In return, “many apprentices gain promotion or extra responsibility in their workplace”.
Total People 2017 Good Ofsted ReportOfsted commented on the positive impact the leadership team has on developing the organisation as a leading provider of work-based learning. The leadership team’s knowledge of apprenticeship reforms and how they will affect employers and apprentices helps them to provide a flexible, tailored service that directly responds to local, regional and national priorities.
One of the highlights of the report is the praise from Ofsted for the support the team give to learners and apprentices with high needs, who experience barriers to learning. Ofsted say the support is “excellent” and has helped them continue to the end of their studies and achieve their qualifications.
Other highlights include:
- Staff skilfully support learners, both in sessions and in the workplace.
- Learners and apprentices enjoy their programmes and are very positive about their learning.
- Learners benefit from a wide range of high-quality, well-organised, external work experience and supported internships.
- Apprentices make effective contributions to their employers’ businesses.
- Senior managers have developed good working relationships with a large number of subcontractors.
- Senior managers are committed to improving the quality of provision for all learners.
- Managers and staff give a high priority to safeguarding.
Linda Dean, Managing Director of Total People, said: “I want to thank my colleagues, our learners, employers and partners, all of whom have played a part in this success. Having only joined the organisation this year I am proud to be part of a team of people whose passion in their work is at the heart of the organisation
“I am delighted with the report from Ofsted, which acknowledges our continued drive to support our apprentices to develop the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in their chosen career. Alongside the work we do to engage with employers to ensure we are providing them with the workforce they need to grow their business.”